Get $100 to Spend on Groceries!

Get $100 to Spend on Groceries!





While we paid the price for a small condo with a full kitchen with the intent of cooking many of our meals at the villa, when push came to shove and I received one amazing recommendation after another for great restaurants on the island, we threw caution (and our checkbook) to the wind and spent way more on food than we had planned to. On top of our vacation, we knew we had some bills coming due and the holidays just around the corner, so I decided that the easiest way to save a bit of money was to scale back on our food budget, which at this point was pretty much nonexistent.



I often shopped for what looked good, sounded amazing, and fulfilled a current craving that week, often dismissing my larger-than-life grocery bills as “research” for my column here and my Instagram account. I knew those days needed to end so that we could one day have enough saved to send our kids to college, and so for the month of October, I’m going back to the start and reenacting a $100 per week grocery budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment